Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Chocolate Glee!

With a Friday that was FULL starting with an IEP meeting at the junior high (all promising discussions), clarinet lessons (we did a spunky polka duet), and much more, I thought  I was going to have a sleepy evening until this arrived in my inbox: 


Please join us to welcome Claudio Corallo back from Africa to Palo Alto in celebration with music, chocolate & wine on Friday, May 8th from 6:00PM-9:00PM.
 
Dear friends and chocolate lovers. 
 
We're very excited for Claudio's return from Africa and we invite you to our chocolate boutique where we will listen to Palo Alto's string quartet (live), drink fine wine, taste the most original chocolate in world and of course celebrate Claudio's return from our plantation in  São Tomé e Príncipe
  
Even more exciting, is the oportunity we will have to celebrate together the National Geographic's twenty four printed pages feature story on Claudio Corallo and our chocolate.

Do not miss this extraordinary event; join us for a chocolate-evening and discussion with one of the most innovative cacao growers and perfectionist chocolate makers in the world!

We look forward to seeing you there to help give Claudio a warm back to California welcome!

I just could not miss it!!!!!  He’s my favorite chocolate guru as many will recall: http://theplayfulspiritrachel.blogspot.com/2013/09/chocolate-bliss.html

Panos and Robbin run the store and are already good friends

The lady behind the quartet is his daughter who lives in Lisbon and was a great translator.

I basically hung out close by all evening long occasionally sampling chocolate (I know all his products) and more voraciously listening to every word he said.  I found out how he recommends eating the 100% chocolate, three samples at a time!  I learned that his heart is still in the Congo where he’d love to return.  I loved his comparison of his chocolate making methods to those of olive oil makers in Florence (where he’s from).  The idea is to create the highest quality plant and then minimally process the result so that all those flavors come through.  This guy is really the master!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment