Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Deeply Cherished Vacation: Part 1

Part 1: Phoenix, Chorus competition (September 13-17. 18th travel.)

Part 2: Paris (September 19- 22. 23rd travel.)

Part 3: Normandy (September 24-30. October 1st travel.)

Part 4: Videos, Andrew's pictures of me/gems


Singing with this chorus means so much to me. We went to Phoenix for the international competition. I just came across a quote which reflects the intensity of how nourishing achieving success in this art form feels to me. The connection and vibration that fills you with joyful energy is intoxicating in a very good way.

“You express, when you sing, your soul in song. And when you get together with a group of other singers, it becomes more than the sum of the parts. All of those people are pouring out their hearts and souls in perfect harmony, which is kind of an emblem for what we need in this world, when so much of the world is at odds with itself… to express, in symbolic terms, what it’s like when human beings are in harmony. That’s a lesson for our times and for all time. I profoundly believe that.” —John Rutter

Almost everyone flew. Here are my row mates.

A little fumble at the beginning... someone trying to help me with a little stumble pancaked my glasses... I've dealt with literally band-aid-ed glasses this whole vacation. This I can handle!



This was the schedule which actually had several additional rehearsals added and three times I led Qi Gong practice for us (plus my room-view):






Semi-finals competition... I felt so delightfully in-the-moment:






Finals package:

https://youtu.be/CkI_aZSsNGI





It was so fun and... I think I succeeded at the moments when I was supposed to be zombified!





I admit that we were hoping for international champions, but it only took a day to see second-in-the-world as the wonderful achievement that it is:

And then I flew back to Denver, met Andrew in the airport, and headed off to France for the first relaxation vacation in six months.

Throughout, I've been receiving the sweetest notes from my pet-sitter that Tracker is having a loving vacation too. "Tracker update! He's doing great, loves to keep me company while Iwork. Been walking every day and lots of play..."


No comments:

Post a Comment