Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Swimming + This and That

We had a swimming breakthrough!  My son managed to move his body through the water independently and he's so thrilled.  He's been comfortable playing in water for a long time, but lacked the coordination to swim.  I'm still not signing off on completely independent water play, but it was fun to see the progress :)


Other things to share:
This week's Objectivist Round Up.
Intriguing video on raising entrepreneurs.
I'm off to Sea Ranch soon, so it's time for my first blogging break!


Cute antics:

• continuing his hatred of the fact that humans must have bowel movements by modifying the Gingerbread Boy rhyme, "I held it in all night.  I'll hold it in all day.  I can.  I can." (You couldn't make this stuff up!)
• asking as we drove up to the airport, "Is SeaTac close to Egypt?"
• while listening to Hobbit, gasping for breath because he was laughing so hard because he found the dwarves surprise arrival on Bilbo's doorstep so amusing.
• making a potion of his hair, ice cubes, and water. (He told me it wasn't Polyjuice potion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment