Other things to share:
-Very cool story found by Andrew regarding a slave's response to his former owner.
-Pithy quote from the documentary "Buck" that had Andrew and I laughing, "Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape."
• identifying a tune as from HMS Singapore instead of HMS Pinafore :)
• commenting on the tea warmed over the fire, "It's like firewood tea."
• noting during our loss of power, "Computer time is canceled… and I HATE that!"
• stating, "Love is disgusting and smoochy. I'm never going to marry like that. [How are you going to marry?] Like sarcasm." (Hmmm, we'll give him some time.)
• telling us, "You don't know how real dying noises I can make!"
• continuing his love of the icky with, "That was way gross… I LOVE that!"
• vigorously attacking his reflection with foam sword and shield
• while experiencing a friendly and non distressing squishing, "I am feeling an extreme temptation to call names."
• as we teased him with all the idioms he knows he said, "Do not idiom me into shreds, mister!"
• properly embarrassing us as we rang the door bell to view a home… he shook the owner's hand and then promptly collapsed on the floor and played dead.
• after writing a sentence with poor grammar to which I said, "You don't say things that way." He replied, "Well it's the way I'm saying things; maybe I'm a new wave."
• building himself new chef concoctions which he always served himself with a fancy placemat and a full set of silverware:
-butternut squash sauce, crushed rosemary, sliced strawberries, and chocolate chips
-m&ms, strawberries, melted ice cream, paprika, celery salt, piece of jerky, yellow cheese, chocolate chips
-chocolate chips, brown sugar and two kinds of jerky, mixed in a bowl