• "I knew that pacifically that basketball he liked." (That would be "especially". He was telling me how he traded a ball on the recess playground because he knew which one was another kid's favorite.)
• singing "Oh my god, I'm the best kid around in the universe!" (He's been playing with semicolons and actually used one correctly. When I told him how long it took me to understand semicolons, this was his response.)
• responding to my statement that "I've got to figure out what's going on with this body of mine."[headaches] with, "Oh, it's being hazardous to your health."
• requesting, "Would you gore me with a fang or a sword or a scimitar or a knife?" (?!?!?!)
• during one of his rare bored comments, I suggested the Persians against the Greeks with legos and then I wondered if he had Greeks yet and he said, "Nope, I'm still at the Mycaneans."
• trying to close the hot dog package with tape
Decked out in three shirts, three pants, and three pairs of socks so he could independently explore the beginning snows of the blizzard