Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, April 16, 2010

Veggie Adventures

I've been deep in some autism research this week, so I don't have antics to share and my update was record brief too.  

Aside from sharing this week's Objectivist Round Up, my one side venture was planting some vegetables.  I'm definitely one of those water-once-a-week-and-nothing-else gardeners, so I have no clue how this will turn out.  But, this is a grand total of less than two hours of effort, including the plant purchase.


The containers at the right have onions.  The big round one below is host to two tomato plants, one cauliflower plant, and a bit of basil.  The small round one has a little pumpkin start.  So... they'll get water and we'll see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. I don't mean to be a killjoy, but that big pot will not be large enough for two tomato plants along, especially not with basil and cauliflower in there. A tomato needs a square foot of space, and even when I give them that, mine grow much bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I only had one more pot, so I went to the store for more dirt. I pulled the cauliflower out (to its own pot) and moved the tomato plants / basil so they're at three corners of a triangle in the same large, round one. The top of that pot is more than two feet in diameter, so that should give them more growing room. Now I'm really intrigued to see how these little guys grow... I was thinking tiny! Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete