Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Saturday, May 14, 2011

5 Star Challenge: Part II

Okee dokee, the 5 Star Challenge continued with "five things my body can do".

Sing.  I know I mentioned that last time, but it's true and fun and so cheery.

Bake.  While I do vastly less now that I've learned so much about gluten and discovered my allergy, I love the smell and the sensuous nature of making a decadent treat.  Rolling up the special rugalach dough into pastry or pressing crumbs into a springform pan or carefully snuggling in cinnamon rolls to bake into gooey delights.  If people are uninterested in removing gluten from their diet, I have a glorious time in making it the tastiest treat possible.

Walk.  I just love going for a solitary stroll.  Yes, I often sing.  But, not always.  I get the most joy out of feeling the sun warm me or the sunset enchant me or the fall colors pique some contemplation.

Read.  That I can travel to so many places in fiction and share so many warm moments via letters and delight my child by reading out loud is a wonderful thing.

Snuggle.  I think one of the worst things about lacking movement for me would be the inability to go hug and nuzzle and tickle and cozy up to those I love.




No comments:

Post a Comment