Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, May 6, 2011

Feeling a bit sad

I found out last night that a distant friend died from cancer.  I didn't even know she was sick.  I keep thinking about her delightful twin girls.  I can only imagine the heart ache of her husband with such a tragic loss and now the roll of a single parent.  It took me a long time to get to sleep last night.  Here's to cherishing our loved ones.


Other things to share:
This week's Objectivist Round Up.
Cute antics:
• admonishing his playful daddy with giggles, "Stop doing push ups on me!"
• going off to bed with, "OK, I'm plowing." (No clue.)
• reciting the multiplication table he added this as a drawling pause for time (i.e. he hadn't memorized it yet) after the question 4x4, "Ah... yes... well... it's obvious that it's..."
• amusing imposed helpless moment when I declined preparing his snack:
He was shrieking hysterically and pouring tears with only pauses to demand, "How am I supposed to get the cheese out of the bag."
It's hard not to laugh at a seven year old who claims opening a zip lock is beyond him!  I'll admit the twitching corners of the mouth, but I empathized with his frustration at my refusal to be his evening chef.  Clearly, I'm a horrid mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment