Here's the latest cute antics, fun links, and I'll append the holiday letter which got out late via regular mail (so will make for some slightly belated holiday cheer)! Here's to a glorious holiday season :)
• pulling off his socks at his athlete mentor's house and starting a conversation about socks, "I don't like socks. Socks are obnoxious. [pause for thought] They are criminals." (Well, he's his father's son! Socks almost never last more than a few minutes after either of them get home.)
• an old picture of him playing naked in the back yard came up on my screen saver and he commented, "I'm naked? I'm not always naked."
• responding to the interaction of Andrew teasing me and me saying Hey! with a mumbled, "Improper!" (After laughing because we thought he was referring to the teasing, we laughed again when we found out he was referring to me saying "Hey". Whenever a person says, "Hey", Flat Stanley's mom always says, "Hay is for horses.")
• coining a new term for small, "minisceropic". (It's a combination of minuscule and microscopic.)
• trying to wheedle my phone out of my hands by saying, "Could I help you play some toy bot [one of his favorite iPhone games]. I could advise you. You wouldn't be completely helpless." (Subtle, so subtle!)
• spraying air freshener on his chest so he smelled like a citrus grove
• listening to me read these directions:
"How are these words alike? Add more.
hand, hands, foot, feet…"
and continuing, "cardiovascular system, cardiovascular systems!"
(This kid is just too darn delightful :) )
• getting a little confused about a particular term… he came back from playing with his athlete mentor and told me he'd seen a "silent duck" (That would be slam dunk.)
• telling me he turned a tree stump into lemonade. (It took me a minute, but they had turned this stump into a balance beam and he saw this as like when Junie B. Jones turns lemons into lemonade i.e. making something pleasant from something not.)
• bringing home a diagram about different holidays with this written under Los Pasosts "baby Gzos" and this written under Hanukah "no babes".
• "It's about time you be cautious!" (Talking to good guy on the screen who was in danger in a Hitchcock film.)
• "Mt Rushmore is not supposed to be a jungle gym!" (Commenting on the movie North by Northwest)
Three delightful videos to share:
• A draw yourself stickman that becomes animated- http://www.drawastickman.com/
• A clip of a porcupine that is too darn cute… I had no idea they could make such sounds- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJjRw&sns=em
• A comedy routine of Three Little Pigs turned into a Shakespearean tale-
This week's Objectivist Round Up.
Holiday Letter (click on image to view each page):