Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Butterflies





Aren't they beautiful?!?!  This is one of the butterflies we raised as a spring time treat.  Cameron received the kit for his birthday, in the fall.  But, he wanted to be able to release them outside, so we needed to wait for warmer weather.  The Insect Lore Live Butterfly Garden comes with a little habitat and then you send away for the larvae when you're ready.  You get to watch the caterpillars triple in size as they eat the prepared food and then they form a chrysalis and then... they come out of the cocoon with their glorious, colorful wings.  You feed them sugar water and watch them flutter around for a few days and then you can let them go.






It was especially nice to see he him so gentle in helping them find a flower.


Other things to share:


This week's Objectivist Round Up.


Cute antics:

• "It says happy birthday because I made it early." (Explanation of a card he gave me with lots of stickers that included a few birthday ones.)
• "I did most of the work." (Andrew did say Cameron was an excellent helper making my Mothers Day breakfast, but he seemed to want all the glory :) )
• amusing sentences that have floated down from upstairs:
"Um, that muscle will be OK.  That muscle is healing after doing some work."
"A tarantula is a big spider.  Aragog was a tarantula" [Monster spider in Harry Potter, much bigger than a tarantula...  more like the size of a car.]
• telling me I'd find a present "under my desk".  (Another nice picture... he's been on a drawing kick recently.)
• making up his own acronym for our to do list, BTS.  (Bed Time Stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment