Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, January 28, 2011

Titanic

Cameron loved hearing about the Titanic this week and watching the movie with us over several days.  He even watched it in the morning for five minutes before the bus came!  He liked to yell at the characters on the screen that the ship was certainly sinkable :)  

Other things to share:
Fascinating TV segment on a kid composer.
Some parenting thoughts beautifully presented by my friend Jenn.

Cute Antics:
• Daddy: "And what do you think would happen [to me] if I couldn't work?"
Cameron: "You'd be executed?"
(Ya, we discussed some other options.)

• Kid sounds from upstairs that indicate violent pretend play with the comment, "It will go BANG and CRASH!"
Mom: "You don't sound like you're going to sleep kiddo."
Cameron: "I'm sitting on my bed."

• Surpassing his father in bible story knowledge.  (I was amazed how quickly he just remembered the whole saga almost all the way up through Essau!  He thought the Abraham and Isaac trip up the mountain deserved a "What in the heck?!?!?")


• sing along from the cartoon "They're Pinky and the Brain. They're Pinky and the Brain.  One is a genius the other's... in Spain!"  (Um, that would be "insane", but Cameron does paint an interesting image with that misunderstanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment